NOCHE will serve as the backbone organization to engage higher education, business, industry, community leaders and others in a strategic collective that improves educational outcomes for all northeast Ohio citizens, focuses on degrees that have value in the marketplace, and fuels innovation and regional socioeconomic growth.
- Diversity and inclusion in pursuit of educational opportunity and attainment and employment for all Northeast Ohio citizens.
- The essential role of universities and colleges in developing a skilled, diverse, and flexible workforce and in stimulating the economy of Northeast Ohio.
- Using the power of higher education to drive commercialization and innovation.
- Collaboration with diverse stakeholders and organizations.
- The process and principles of collective impact.
- A systemic approach to increasing educational opportunity and attainment, particularly in communities and schools or districts that are urban or underserved.
- A shared and public framework of performance outcomes and metrics.
- Research and sharing of innovative ideas and best practices in teaching and learning.
- Exceptional service delivery.
Goal #1: Engage higher education, business, civic leadership and others collectively to drive economic growth by expanding the region’s diverse talent pool through increased degree attainment.
a) Convene thought leaders and NOCHE partners to collaborate on best practices to optimize student performance, increase retention, and decrease time-to-degree attainment.
b) Convene institutional partners, work with them to achieve the goals of the Governor's task force on affordability and efficiency, measure and communicate the results.
c) Continue to grow and develop NOCHE's internship programs in support of workforce demands and coordinate with institutional partners' experiential learning programs and goals.
Goal #2: Ensure NOCHE's effectiveness in providing value to its members through thought leadership and collective application of resources to achieve shared goals.
a) Develop and maintain a comprehensive communications/marketing plan on the role of higher education in talent development, economic development and economic growth that also includes enhanced roles and visibility of higher education with economic development and business leadership.
b) Build collaborative partnerships to strengthen core programs, generate new revenue and funding sources, and, where beneficial, integrate with successful programs outside NEO.
c) Maintain sound financial management, professional staff support and robust Board engagement to ensure continued collaborative value of NOCHE membership.